Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sphere I 6800 Computer from 1975!




1975 Sphere Corporation introduces Sphere I computer kit, with Motorola 6800 cpu, 4Kb RAM, ROM, keyboard and video interface. Selling price $650. We will be adding the monitor shortly. Not a whole lot is known about Sphere except they were based in Salt Lake City and had a nice offering to the business marketplace with their 68000 based machine. Please let me know if you have anything to add, as we need more information. Thanks to Carl Gochnauer in Iowa for holding on to this nice computer for all of us to enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Howdy,

Nice post and pictures on the Sphere. I had one and, silly me, only kept the keyboard and cpu card. Going to rebuilt it from scratch one of these days.

Bill

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home